- SERVICE AREAS
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Professional Liability and Errors and Omissions
- Harvard Law School, JD, 1961
- Bowdoin College, BA, 1957
617.973.6129 fax 617.722.4933 firstname.lastname@example.org V-card
Erik is Senior Counsel to the firm’s Litigation Department, which constitutes roughly half the firm. Erik’s extensive litigation practice spans 40 years. He has been responsible for a wide range of general business and commercial disputes, including cases involving contractual disputes and non-competition covenants, product liability, real estate and environmental matters, intellectual property, employment matters and anti-trust litigation. He has also concentrated in the representation of professionals, including officers and directors, attorneys and accountants.
Erik represents clients in both state and federal courts, before a variety of state and federal agencies, and in numerous alternate dispute resolution forums. He has tried over 100 jury trials to conclusion and has argued dozens of reported appellate decisions.
- The defense of officers and shareholders of a corporation which sold its assets for $26 million against the buyer’s claim of misrepresentation, breach of warranties and rescission.
- The defense of a variety of attorney malpractice actions whose outcome, at both trial and appellate levels, have defined the law of Massachusetts in this area.
- Insurance claims arising from the construction of the John Hancock Tower.
- A class action by the retail tenants against the owner/developer of Quincy Market.
- Defense of bad faith insurance practices claims of $50 million arising from the design and construction of a $1 billion nuclear power plant.
- Representation of individual trustees in cases alleging breach of fiduciary obligations toward beneficiaries, including claims of excess fees.
- Representing a federal judge against claims of breach of duty prior to his judicial appointment.
Erik was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2004 - 2012.
Boston Bar Association, Senior Lawyers Section, Chair
Conservation Law Foundation, pro bono