- Harvard Law School, JD, 1963, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, BS, 1960, Phi Beta Kappa
Richard K. BlanksteinSenior Counsel
Dick, a founding partner, has built a 50-year legal career concentrating in real estate and corporate law.
Dick has been involved in development, financing, environmental permitting, acquisition and disposition of real estate. He represents developers, investors, mortgage lenders and purchasers. His corporate practice involves representing clients in day-to-day legal matters, as well as in contract negotiation and drafting, business formation, financing, corporate and strategic business partnerships and the purchase and sale of businesses.
In the technology area, Dick has been involved in agreements for the development, licensing and sale of custom software for commercial and government use; he has assisted clients in the creation of ventures to exploit jointly developed products; and he has helped in the creation of national and international distribution systems.
Dick has also completed formal training as a mediator for both court-ordered and private mediations, and he is available to serve as a mediator, or counsel, in mediations.
- Acquisition and condominium conversion of 600+ unit, landmark development on Boston’s waterfront.
- Acquisition (by lease or purchase) of more than 150 sites for a national retail chain.
- Representation of software development company from start-up, through IPO and LBO.
- Numerous inter-generational transfers of ownership and/or control of closely held businesses.
The National Assembly of Health & Human Service Organizations, Director
Jewish Family and Children’s Service, Past President
Association of Jewish Family and Children’s Agencies, Past President
The League School of Greater Boston, Director, 1986-2003
New England Sinai Hospital, Chairman of the Board, 2006-2012
United States Chamber of Commerce Space Enterprise Council
Lasell College, Chairman of the Board
Dick was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer in 2004 in Boston Magazine.