News & Media
- Harvard Law School, JD, 1963
- Bowdoin College, BA, 1960, cum laude
Donald M. BlochOf Counsel
Donald joined the firm’s Real Estate and Business Practice Groups in 2001, following 35 years of practice at Boston’s Lane Altman & Owens LLP.
Donald conducts a general business practice representing businesses engaged in providing professional services and in manufacturing, distribution and retailing. He also concentrates on commercial real estate development and representation of both landlords and tenants in long term leasing transactions.
- Represented seller of a 250,000 square foot shopping center in a tax-free exchange, where client purchased six free-standing, national chain drug stores.
- Represented seller of its manufacturing/office/warehouse facility and lease-back of office and warehouse portions.
- Represented landlord in negotiation of a long-term lease with a regional supermarket operator for premises to be expanded in an existing shopping center.
- Representing chain store operator in negotiating build-to-suit leases with developer-landlords for multiple locations.
- Represented seller of an engineering services business to a venture capital firm.
Who's Who in American Law
Who's Who in America
Who's Who in the World
Harvard Law School Association of Massachusetts, Inc., Board member
The United States Commission on Civil Rights, Massachusetts Advisory Committee to the Commission
South Middlesex Association for Retarded Citizens, Advisory Board; Board of Directors
Town of Framingham, Charter Commission
Metrowest Mental Health Association, Board of Directors
Mary Ann Morse Health Care Corp., Chairman, Board of Directors
Town of Framingham, Finance Committee, Vice Chair, 2003-2007
Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly, Inc., Board of Directors
Metrowest Jewish Day School, Inc., Past President and current Director