Suffolk University School of Law, JD, 2010
Suffolk University, Sawyer School of Management, MBA, 2010
Boston University School of Law. LL.M. in Taxation, 2013
Vanderbilt University, BS, 2005
Richard P. Breed, IVAssociate
Richard is an Associate in the firm’s Corporate and Trusts & Estates Departments. Richard has a general corporate and transactional practice, with a focus on taxation. In addition, Richard advises business owners and high net worth families on tax and estate planning strategies, including business succession planning for closely held businesses. Richard frequently represents clients in tax controversy matters before the IRS or Massachusetts and New York state taxing authorities.
- Advised entrepreneur on start-up issues relating to formation of a regional moving service company.
- Negotiated and drafted non judicial settlement agreement for resolution of dispute among beneficiaries of a $ 1+ M testamentary trust.
- Represented nonprofit charitable corporation obtain favorable tax-exempt status from the IRS.
Massachusetts Bar Association
New York Bar Association
U.S. Tax Court
Association for Corporate Growth – Dealmakers
Turnaround Management Association- Northeast Chapter
Trusts & Estates Consortium
Estate Planning and Business Council of Worcester, Executive Committee, 2015 – 2016
- Faculty, MCLE Estate Planning Symposium, June 2015
- Faculty, Foxboro Continuing Education Seminar, Advanced Topics in Estate Planning, May 2015
- Faculty, MCLE Cutting Edge Issues in Central Massachusetts Estate Planning, February, 2015
Richard was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer - Rising Star in 2012.