- Business Litigation
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Professional Liability and Errors and Omissions
- George Washington University, JD, 1990, Honors
- Colgate University, BA, 1986
Joseph P. CrimminsPartner
Joe is a trial lawyer in the firm’s Litigation Department. With more than 25 years of experience, Joe has practiced in the areas of business litigation, employment disputes, medical malpractice, personal injury, legal malpractice, and probate litigation. Joe also represents the firm’s clients in real estate tax abatement matters. He has tried numerous cases to juries, judges, and arbitrators, and has litigated matters in state and federal courts, including appellate courts. Joe has also obtained many high value settlements for the individuals he represents in catastrophic personal injury and medical malpractice claims. Joe is routinely in the courtroom and his unrelenting representation of clients is second nature.
- Defended a company against claims for unfair business practices and fraud brought by national food distribution company.
- Represented a national telecommunications cooperative in a substantial breach of contract claim against a direct broadcast satellite provider.
- Advised the firm’s insurance company clients in coverage determinations, the prosecution of declaratory judgment actions, and defending bad faith litigation.
- Represented a family in connection with catastrophic injuries arising out of a construction site accident.
- Represented employees and employers in litigation regarding enforcement of non-competition, non-solicitation, non-disclosure provisions and other restrictive covenants.
- Prosecuted medical malpractice claim arising out of a failure to diagnose infectious disease in an infant, resulting in permanent brain injuries and quadriplegia.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a decedent’s family in a complex wrongful death case against a national pet store chain.
- Successfully represented numerous commercial real estate owners in real estate tax abatement matters throughout Massachusetts.
- Defended product manufacturer against claims for personal injury and breach of warranty of merchantability.
- Defended an employer in a class action lawsuit arising out of the Massachusetts Wage Act.
Boston Bar Association
Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
Swampscott School Building Committee, Chair
Swampscott Master Planning Update Committee, Chair
World Ocean School, Board of Directors