News & Media
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business Litigation
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Professional Liability and Errors and Omissions
- Real Estate Litigation
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, 1983, Virginia Journal of International Law, Notes Editor
- University of Virginia, BA, 1978
Dustin F. HeckerPartner
Dusty is a member and co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Department and concentrates his trial practice on the prosecution and defense of business-related disputes. He represents corporations, individuals and partnerships in litigations, arbitrations and negotiations involving contracts, business torts, securities law violations, intellectual property, covenants not to compete and other commercial matters.
He is frequently asked to arbitrate commercial disputes and is available to mediate many types of cases.
Dusty also tries professional liability cases on behalf of attorneys, accountants and other professionals, especially cases in which business transactions are at issue.
- Represented nation’s largest distributor of satellite television services in litigation, in California federal court, involving most critical aspects of client’s distributorship agreement.
- Defended client in Florida federal court trial, arising out of client’s decision not to purchase skilled nursing facility.
- Represented biotech firm and senior employee in non-compete and trade secrets case.
- Defended former owners of manufacturing business in multi-million dollar arbitration commenced by buyers of business.
- Defended national governing body of international sport in contract litigation.
- Represented health care company in claim against largest business partner.
- Represented sports agency in claim by former agent for amounts claimed under employment agreement.
- Enforced non-competition agreement against former senior officer of consumer products manufacturer.
- Arbitrated dispute between managers of venture capital fund and financial backers of fund.
- Arbitrated business valuation dispute.
- Defended lawyer against claim that he had mishandled sizeable securities fraud litigation.
Boston Bar Association, Finance Committee, Member
Boston Bar Association, Council Member
Boston Bar Association, Ethics Committee, Former Co-chair
Boston Bar Association, Litigation Section, Former Co-chair
Boston Bar Association, Business Litigation Committee, Former Co-chair
Dusty was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2006 - 2017.
News & Media
- What Comes Next for Facebook
- What You Need to Know About the AT&T Antitrust Trial
- Massachusetts’ Top Court Clarifies What is a Corporate “Deadlock”
- Experts: Time Good, but Rumored Fantasy Deal Challenging
- Revision of Rule 68 Settlement Disallowed
- Massachusetts AG: No Decision Yet on DraftKings, FanDuel Legality
- Dusty Hecker Discusses The Tom Brady Case
- Defamation Claim Against Boston Mayor A Wynn-er?
- Strip Club Wins Appeal After Seattle Denies Business Permit
- Marijuana Legalization ‘Inevitable’: But How & When Will Weed Become Hassle-Free?
- Iran Plans to Sue Makers of 'Argo': Could Lawsuit Succeed?
- In Defending Malpractice Claims, Firms Advised to Get Outside Help
- "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act III, Scene II
- Labor strife racks NFL, NHL
- Chick-Fil-A, Thomas Menino, and the First Amendment – Interview with Dustin Hecker