- Suffolk University Law School, JD, 2008, magna cum laude
- University of Maryland, College Park, BA, 2003
Adam L. LittmanAssociate
Adam is an associate in the firm's Litigation Department, specializing in complex business litigation and employment law. He represents business clients in a wide variety of commercial disputes, including matters involving shareholders in closely held businesses, non-competition and other restrictive covenants, trade secrets, fiduciary obligations, contract disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, insurance coverage, health care, and zoning. As part of his employment practice, Adam advises employers and employees in connection with harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour matters.
Adam has significant experience in all phases of litigation, including pre-litigation strategy, drafting and answering pleadings, written and deposition discovery, motion practice, trial, and appeal. He has also represented numerous clients in negotiations, mediations and arbitrations.
Before joining the firm, Adam served as a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court from 2008-2010 where he worked extensively on trials, hearings, and motions in civil sessions, including the Business Litigation Session in Boston. While in law school, Adam was a Note Editor for the Suffolk University Law Review.
Adam is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Adam is an avid snowboarder and participates in triathlons throughout New England.
- Representation of minority shareholder in prosecuting breach of fiduciary duty and wrongful termination claims.
- Second-chaired arbitration brought by stockholder and executive against private equity firm for breach of company operating agreements.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for employer on former employee’s claims of wage and hour law violations.
- Defended trustees and executors in multi-million dollar action brought against the estate.
- Representation of employers and employees in non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure matters.
Boston Bar Association
Adam co-authored the MCLE chapter on Professional Liability Insurance in the Massachusetts Liability Insurance Manual, 2011 and 2014.
Adam was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer - Rising Star every year from 2013 - 2017.