- University of California at Berkeley, PhD, 1981
- Harvard Law School, JD, 1985
- University of California at Berkeley, MA, 1977
- University of California at Berkeley, BA, 1975
David J. ReierPartner
David is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department. David represents companies and creditors in business reorganizations and liquidation proceedings. He also handles commercial litigation matters and state court receiverships, particularly where such matters arise from a debtor-creditor relationship. David frequently consults with businesses concerning corporate and debt restructuring, rearrangement of business affairs in response to financial distress, and ongoing corporate matters following restructuring.
- Chapter 11 counsel in successful liquidating plan of reorganization of seven related debtors owning four nursing homes valued at $50M.
- Counsel in Chapter 11 reorganization of New England’s largest landlord, and other major real estate reorganizations, including out-of-bankruptcy restructurings.
- Chapter 11 counsel for local bus transportation company.
- Counsel to state court receiver in multi-million dollar real estate fraud case.
- Corporate and restructuring counsel to local manufacturer and laundry services facility.
- Numerous secured creditor and landlord representations, secured party sales, and loan workouts on behalf of both borrowers and lenders.
Boston Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
American Bankruptcy Institute
David was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2009 – 2016.
David was an Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Tufts University,1981-1982.
News & Media
- In re Southern Sky Air & Tours, LLC d/b/a Direct Air, Chapter 7, Case No. 12-40944-MSH
- R.I. Socks Curt, Advisers
- R.I. Files Legal Action Against Schilling, Others
- R.I. EDC Sue Schilling, Stokes and 12 Others on 38 Studios
- When Companies Go Through Bankruptcy
- 38 Studios bankruptcy
- Electricity Is a "Good" for Purposes of ? 503(b)(9) Administrative-Priority Claims
- Electricity Sales Qualify For Priority Claims: Judge