- Bankruptcy, Workout and Business Reorganization
- Business Counseling
- Business Planning & Formation
- Lending & Commercial Finance
- Real Estate
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, 1975
- Boston College, BS, 1972
Michael E. RubinPartner
Michael is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Real Estate practice groups and co-chairs the Real Estate group. His business practice includes advising investors and business owners in all relevant areas including but not limited to mergers, acquisitions, sales and transfers of businesses of all types with an emphasis on closely and family held businesses. He has worked with all types of entrepreneurs from car dealerships to restaurant owners. His real estate experience includes 1031 tax free exchanges, development, and financing of projects from multi-family residential to shopping centers. He has worked with many financial organizations helping clients navigate loans from construction to permanent financing and refinancing.
Michael’s clients range from international corporations and national developers to local business owners, entrepreneurs and real estate investors.
Michael joined Posternak following more than 30 years with Rubin, Weisman, Colasanti, Kajko & Stein, LLP, where he was one of the founding members.
- Sale of Foreign Motors West to the Herb Chambers Companies.
- Development of Capital Commons office tower.
- Purchase of Northgate Shopping Center, Portland, ME.
- Refinance of Burlington Shopping Center.
- Act as Outside Counsel to Busa Bros. Liquor, Sentinel Benefits, Charles George Trucking, Crystal Motor Express, Inc., among others.
Massachusetts Association of Bank Counsel, Past President
Centrix Bank & Trust Company, Board of Directors
Project Youth, Board of Directors
Lexington Montessori School, Past Trustee
Lexington Babe Ruth, Board of Trustees, Past member
Past speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association Continuing Legal Education
Eastern Bank, Board of Trustees, Member
Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission for the City of Somerville, Past Chairman
News & Media
- What is a 1031 Exchange and How is it Beneficial?
- How to Navigate the Permit Approval Process When Buying Commercial Real Estate
- What You Need to Know Before Converting a Multi-Family Property Into Condominiums
- How to Identify Risk Factors When Financing a Commercial Real Estate Property
- Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Commercial Real Estate Property
- What Likely Won’t Change Under Trump: Foreign Investment in Boston
- Moulton Steps Up The Pressure For a North-South Rail Link
- Baker’s Clear he’s No Fan of North-South Rail Link
- Where Are Industrial And Manufacturing Spaces Going
- Mandarin Hotel Sells To Parent At $140m
- Kendall Square Expansion And The Urban Lifestyle Movement
- Olympics could help – or work against - Gillette
- CFPB Looks To Regulate Overdraft Programs
- Bankers Praise FICO Tweaks
- BroadSide: Crosby Limits Role in Casino Decision
- After Dodd-Frank, Those Meant To Be Protected Feel Its Bite
- Market Anxiety Over Shutdown to Stall RE Deals
- Development Challenge for Next Boston Mayor
- New Foreclosure Rules Add to Bankers’ Headaches
- Easy Money, High Interest
- Non-Victims Line Up for Foreclosure Settlement Funds
- Mass. Banks’ Profits Flatten as Interest Income Shrinks
- Commercial Real Estate Industry Awaits Outcome of 2012 Presidential Election
- 'Short sales' rising in real estate
- Menino to Google: We want you