News & Media
- Harvard Law School, JD, 1962, cum laude
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, AB, 1959, magna cum laude
David M. SaltielSenior Counsel
David combines over 50 years of experience as a business lawyer with a concentration in business counseling and commercial real estate leasing, development and financing, franchising, project finance and privatization of governmental services.
David’s extensive involvement in real estate transactions includes representation of some of the country’s largest national and regional retailers and commercial developers, as well as representation of some of the largest and most active mortgage lenders.
David’s practice involves corporate financings, corporate planning and structuring, mergers and acquisitions, and general business law. He also has extensive experience in project finance, privatization of governmental services, leasing and land-use matters.
David has acted as a business counselor for a wide range of businesses, including health care, retail, hotel, manufacturing, environmental service and commercial development companies. He assists companies in preparing business plans and financing programs, identifying financing sources, making appropriate market selections, and drafting key agreements.
David has recently been appointed, by Steven Grossman, Treasurer of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, to the Public Private Partnership Commission of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation.
- Leasing and development of BJ’s Wholesale Club stores.
- Leasing for Filene’s Basement stores throughout the Northeast.
- Leasing for Au Bon Pain Co., Inc. throughout the United States.
- Leasing of the Bloomingdale’s store in Mall of America, Bloomington, MN; sale of the Bloomingdale’s store in Stamford, CT for use as a state college; leasing of Macy stores in Nashua and Rockingham, NH, Natick and Framingham, MA and South Portland, ME.
- Disposition of various Home Club stores to Home Depot and others.
- Development and leasing for all Rich’s Department Stores locations.
- Development of One Post Office Square in Boston, MA.
- Development of shopping centers in Concord, Keene, Nashua and Gilford, NH; Salem, Greenfield and Saugus, MA; Napanoch, Tamaqua and Monroe, NY; Southgate, MI; Berwick, PA; Barre, St. Johnsbury and Derby, VT; and Prince Georges County, MD.
- Development of Assisted Living projects.
- Development of wastewater treatment, sludge composting and waste to energy facilities.
- Development of a private jail.
National Council for Public-Private Partnerships, Sponsor
Massachusetts Bar Association
David has written extensively for and is a frequent speaker at conferences sponsored by the National Council for Public-Private Partnerships, the Wastewater Pollution Control Federation and the Association of Metropolitan Sewerage Agencies, as well as various Bar Association groups. He is also draftsman of the Compendium on Privatization Laws published by the National Council for Public-Private Partnerships.
Jewish Community Center of Greater Boston, Director
Falmouthport Condominium, Trustee