- American University, Washington College of Law, JD, 1986
- Boston University School of Law, LLM, 1987
- Vassar College, AB, 1983
Debra E. ScribnerPartner
Debra is a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Business Counseling groups. While maintaining a diverse practice of asset based and real estate lending, business counseling and workouts, Debra focuses her practice on franchise lending for regional and national lenders. Her expertise includes the negotiation, documentation, and closing of acquisition financings, development lines of credit, construction loans and term loans, with financings for small unit franchisees in one jurisdiction to franchisees with over 100 units in multiple jurisdictions with multiple layers of debt.
Handled numerous acquisition financings, construction loans, development lines of credit, refinancing facilities and general term loans for lenders, including:
- $35MM multiple unit restaurant franchise acquisition loan, secured by real estate and personal property collateral in multiple jurisdictions.
- $25MM multiple unit restaurant franchise refinance and development line of credit facility, secured by personal property collateral and involving subordinated debt.
- $17MM multiple unit restaurant franchise acquisition loan, secured by real estate and personal property collateral in multiple jurisdictions and involving subordinated debt.
- $13MM acquisition financing for an oil service company, secured by both accounts receivable and real estate and involving subordinated debt.
- $7MM affordable housing construction loan involving federal and state historic tax credits and multiple subordinated debt.
- $6MM medical equipment company acquisition loan.
- $3MM acquisition and real estate construction of industrial production facility.
Handled numerous workout and restructurings of debt facilities, including:
- $10MM senior loan facility with multiple parties, secured by real estate and involving junior debt.
- $6MM restaurant franchise loan facility with multiple parties, secured by all assets.
- Represented privately-held companies, charitable organizations and restaurant franchisees in connection with general corporate governance, contract matters and lease negotiations.
- Represented financial institution in connection with the construction and leasing of additional branch location, including obtaining approval from the Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks and National Credit Union Administration for such expansion.
- Prepared commercial loan documentation forms for federally chartered credit union in connection with asset-based and commercial real estate loans.
Meals on Wheels, Past Volunteer
VA Healthcare System (Brockton Division), Past Volunteer
News & Media
- How to Tell if a Franchise Is a Good Investment
- As Restaurant Sales Climb, So Do Financing Opportunities
- As The NLRB Attacks Franchisors Like McDonald’s, Is ‘Quasi-Franchising’ The Answer?
- Tropical Smoothie Café Plots North Carolina Takeover
- They’ve Got Your Back - The Trend Towards Quasi-Franchising
- In Person: Chain Lending