News & Media
- Boston College Law School, JD, 1980
- Boston University School of Law, LLM, 1984
- Tufts University, BA, 1977, cum laude
Christopher C. TsourosPartner
Chris is a Partner in the firm’s Business, Real Estate and Litigation Departments, contributing over 35 years of direct experience representing clients in real estate, business, contract, and lending matters as lead transaction counsel, and as lead litigation counsel in those substantive areas of law.
Direct representation has included developers, contractors, investors, entrepreneurs, and major corporations and business enterprises of all kinds, including colleges, major sports franchises, and various non-profit entities and public/private ventures. He has direct extensive experience with a varied and deep range of real estate and business organization issues and transactions, including commercial acquisitions and dispositions; financings; commercial leases; deal organization, and tax structuring; construction, architectural, and business contracts; zoning and environmental issues; and project permitting at all municipal and state levels.
Chris has been the lead negotiator in many major, highly visible, and successful real estate, business, and financing transactions measuring in the billions of dollars of investment and financing.
Chris has successfully litigated and tried business and real estate disputes in federal, state and local courts in Massachusetts, including the Supreme Judicial Court, Appeals Court, Superior Court, Land Court, and Housing Court, and has successfully engaged in a multitude of mediation and arbitration proceedings in various alternative dispute venues.
Various real estate transactions for scores of clients ranging in magnitude from $10,000,000 - $600,000,000 each, including: Real estate development projects, financings and refinancings; acquisitions and dispositions; debt and equity restructurings; and major office, laboratory, R&D and retail leasing transactions on both landlord and tenant sides. Successful negotiation and structuring of a multitude of major business deals and joint venture transactions, bringing together investors, financiers, project proponents, and other stakeholders, involving sports franchises, recreational facilities, colleges and university facilities, government agencies and major corporate interests.
- Legal co-counsel to the top tier executive management and ownership interests of The Boston Celtics, in their equity structuring, acquisition and financing of the NBA franchise.
- Lead counsel to the Boston Celtics in its direct lease negotiations as to its arena - the TD Garden; separate leasing of its corporate offices in Boston, MA; and the current leasing and development of its major new practice facilities with New Balance at Boston Landing.
- Lead counsel for The Abbey Group in all aspects of the acquisition, organizational structuring, construction and development, office and retail leasing, and operations of The Landmark Center in the Fenway section of Boston, MA, culminating in its recent $530,000,000 disposition.
- Lead counsel for The Abbey Group in several major real estate developments in greater Boston, MA including: Multifamily Apartments - Landmark Square (new construction – 120 apartments); St. Germain Street (48 brownstone buildings – 200 apartments); The Viridian (new construction – 200 apartments); Condominiums – The Prince on Newbury (residential and major retail units); 45 Province (residential and commercial units); Office Buildings - Riverside Technology Center (laboratory, office and R&D); Lafayette Corporate Center (major office building in Downtown Crossing); and General Counsel in all business and corporate matters.
- General Counsel in the successful equity and debt restructuring and workout of the Golf Club at Turner Hill, Ipswich, MA, and all its organization, structural, licensing, permitting, financing, permitting and operational matters.
- Special Counsel to Laz Parking in major contract negotiations with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Lead Litigation Counsel to Laz Parking in several major business litigation matters.
- Lead Litigation Counsel in several major actions, including: developer’s counsel in its Land Court challenge over the permitting of a major corporate site in Boston, MA; complex easement/rights of way dispute relative to the development and financing of a major residential and commercial real estate project in Boston, MA; and counsel to minority shareholders in a major suit over corporate control and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Special Litigation Counsel to Regis College in the Land Court, Appeals Court and Supreme Judicial Court, on its challenge to the Town of Weston’s opposition to its rights to develop and permit its property under the “Dover Amendment”, and successful negotiated resolution with municipal officials.
Chris is admitted to the practice of law in Massachusetts and the Federal District Court for Massachusetts.
Chris has been conferred an “AV-Preeminent” designation (peer rated at the “highest level of professional excellence”) by Martindale Hubbell’s national ranking service.
News & Media
- Leasing Terms Everyone Should Know
- Design & Construction
- What You Should Know About Leasing Negotiations
- Leasing Considerations for Startups
- Biggest Mistakes Startups Make
- Have You Filed Your Tax Abatements With The City of Boston Yet?
- Boston Developers Eye Post Menino Future
- Billboard Fight: The Kraft Group Vs. Foxborough