- Apollo Security International, Inc. of Massachusetts and New York
- Stock sales to Universal Protection Service, LLC d/b/a Allied Universal Services
- Fletcher Granite Company, LLC
- Chapter 11 liquidation of largest U.S. supplier of granite curb
- Advanced Engineered Products, Inc.
- Asset sale to Curtiss Wright Flow Control Services Corporation
New Guidance & FAQ To Aid H-4 Spouses in Applying for Work Authorization under New Law
May 21, 2015
May 26th is almost here. That is when certain H-4 spouses can apply for work authorization for the first time ever, pursuant to the new rule announced in February. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service just published both filing guidance and frequently asked questions (FAQ) to assist H-4 spouses in determining their eligibility for Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) cards under this new rule, the filing procedures to apply for the EAD cards, and other aspects related to applying for, and working pursuant to, the EAD cards. The filing guidance and FAQ are attached to this e-alert. It re-confirms key aspects of this new rule, including that: (1) H-4 spouses can be self-employed and open their own businesses with their EAD cards, and (2) the EAD cards are renewable continually as long as the H-1B spouse continues to renew his/her H-1B status.
If you have any questions or need additional information regarding this, please contact Berin S. Romagnolo in our Immigration Group.
This Alert is provided for information purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice. According to Mass. SJC Rule 3:07, this material may be considered advertising. ©2015 Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP. All rights reserved.