Posternak has a highly developed practice to deal with a broad range of challenges related to the clean technology and clean energy sectors. We understand that the concentration of knowledge makes New England one of the most prominent clean tech clusters in the country. Many of our clients recognize that public relations alone is not the only reason to embrace clean technology. Becoming “cleaner” is simply smarter for the bottom-line.
For years, members of our Clean Tech group have been helping companies reach their “clean tech” goals, whether in connection with licensing-in or licensing-out transformational technology, investing in clean tech start-ups, constructing green buildings, registering trademarks for eco-friendly products, siting and permitting, or financing large-scale deployment projects.
Diverse Clean Tech Client Base
The firm has a sophisticated group of attorneys who deal with issues that are unique to the clean tech industry. Our clients include engineering firms, manufacturing facilities such as a photovoltaics manufacturer, distributors of energy-related products, corporations that specialize in selling electricity and related services to commercial entities and utility companies, a gasification facility, venture capital firms and private equity groups specializing in investing in clean tech companies, and many others.
- Serve as general counsel to a Massachusetts-based company that designs, installs, maintains and finances energy technology projects.
- Represent venture capital firms investing in clean tech start ups.
- Assist numerous clean tech clients in developing and implementing IP strategies to protect their products and processes as well as their brands.
- Work with entrepreneurs launching and financing their early-stage clean energy companies.
- Negotiate and draft commercial contracts for a company that provides recycling, composting and waste-to-energy conversion.
- Facilitate financing transactions and licensing agreements for a quasi-governmental entity that funds clean tech projects.
- Form private equity funds for energy and natural recourse investing.
We at Posternak are also committed to doing our part to reduce our own carbon footprint.