Intellectual Property & Technology
Intellectual property and technology form the core of many of our clients’ businesses.
Our attorneys draw up on diverse backgrounds and disciplines to assist clients with all aspects of the protection, ownership, transfer and use of intellectual property and technology. The firm acts as counsel to a wide variety of technology companies as well as more traditional companies such as publishers, manufacturers, advertising agencies and retailers who face intellectual property and technology law issues as part of their business activities.
Our attorneys frequently speak and publish articles in this field and are active in groups such as the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Boston College Intellectual Property Inn of Court, the MIT Enterprise Forum, and iNetwork128
Our expertise includes:
- Patent, copyright and trademark licensing
- Trademark selection, registration and maintenance
- Trade secret protection
- Copyright registration and protection
- Due diligence in mergers, acquisitions and financings
- Related litigation and client counseling
Technology and Internet Law
- Software licensing
- Telecommunications and application management
- IT consulting
- Technology development
- Web hosting and development
- Privacy and terms of service
- Non-disclosure and employee agreements
- Defense of national retailer in patent infringement litigation.
- A software company licensing its revenue enhancement software to government entities.
- Internet cybersquatting, trademark and copyright policing for corporate clients.
- A large manufacturing company negotiating information technology, telecommunications and software licensing agreements.
- A start-up company distributing Web based learning courses through retailers.
- A global food processor licensing a well-known brand name.
Our clients include: