- Advanced Engineered Products, Inc.
- Asset sale to Curtiss Wright Flow Control Services Corporation
- RoadOne IntermodaLogistics
- Acquisition of the logistics operations of RoadLink USA, Inc. and certain affiliates
- RKW SE
- Purchase of capital stock of Danafilms from founder and ESOP
Posternak maintains an active practice in employee benefits law, made up of partners and associates with experience in a wide variety of matters. We advise clients on the tax, ERISA, securities, accounting, and business implications of all types of employee benefits, including qualified retirement plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, stock option plans, and fringe benefit plans.
Our attorneys prepare and receive IRS approval of individually designed profit sharing plans, 401(k) plans, money purchase pension plans, defined benefit plans, and employee stock ownership plans for publicly traded companies as well as for small, closely-held companies and professional corporations. We also structure the buyout of shareholders through the use of profit sharing plans and employee stock ownership plans.
We have set up compensation packages for key employees, which may include non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements, such as salary continuation agreements, stock appreciation rights, phantom stock plans, Rabbi trusts, incentive stock option plans, non-qualified stock option plans, and employee stock purchase plans.
Our attorneys are also experienced with a variety of fringe benefit plans, including group life, health and disability plans, cafeteria plans, dependent care plans, and medical expense reimbursement plans.
- Setting up a leveraged ESOP to buy out the interest of a large shareholder in a closely-held advertising agency. The group also set up a phantom stock plan for a related shareholder/employee who could not participate in the ESOP, in order to allow her to participate in the appreciation in employer stock.
- Drafting a buy-sell agreement between two stockholders of a small corporation using each stockholder’s profit-sharing plan account to buy insurance on the other’s life.
- Setting up individually-designed 401(k) plans, stock option plans, and employee stock purchase plans for publicly-traded companies.
- Establishing a cafeteria plan and a dependent care assistance plan for a medium-sized engineering company.
- Helping a non-profit organization set up a self-funded health insurance plan.