- Martin Bauer Group and its US subsidiaries
- Acquisition of Beverage House, Inc.
- Advanced Engineered Products, Inc.
- Asset sale to Curtiss Wright Flow Control Services Corporation
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Technology Center
- Series A Preferred Stock Investment in 7AC Technologies, Inc.
Intellectual Property & Technology
Intellectual property and technology form the core of many of our clients’ businesses.
Our attorneys draw upon diverse backgrounds and disciplines to assist clients with all aspects of the protection, ownership, transfer and use of intellectual property and technology. The firm acts as counsel to universities and a wide variety of technology companies as well as more traditional companies such as publishers, manufacturers, advertising agencies and retailers who face intellectual property and technology law issues as part of their business activities.
Our attorneys frequently speak and publish articles in this field and are active in groups such as the American Intellectual Property Law Association, Boston Patent Law Association, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, MIT Enterprise Forum, North Shore Technology Council, Society of Women Engineers, and the Intellectual Property Section of the Boston Bar Association.
Our expertise includes:
- Patent prosecution – U.S. and foreign
- Patent, copyright and trademark licensing
- Trademark selection, registration and maintenance
- Trade secret protection
- Copyright registration and protection
- Due diligence in mergers, acquisitions and financings
- Related litigation and client counseling
Technology and Internet Law
- Software licensing
- Telecommunications and application management
- IT consulting
- Technology development
- Web hosting and development
- Privacy and terms of service
- Non-disclosure and employee agreements
- Defense of national retailer in patent infringement litigation.
- A software company licensing its revenue enhancement software to government entities.
- Internet cybersquatting, trademark and copyright policing for corporate clients.
- A large manufacturing company negotiating information technology, telecommunications and software licensing agreements.
- A start-up company distributing Web based learning courses through retailers.
- A global food processor licensing a well-known brand name.
- A medical diagnostics company licensing a large family of patents.
- An antibody company launching a patent portfolio while avoiding other companies’ patents.
- A university replacing an expiring revenue-generating patent portfolio with a follow-on patent family.
- Developing a patent portfolio for a start-up high-tech garment company to license to major retail brands.
- A government contractor developing a patent portfolio based on research funded with SBIR grants.
Our clients include:
Retail and distribution