- North American Logistics Group, LLC
- The preeminent Final Mile delivery company Logistics representation from startup to international operations
- Frazer Capital & Co.
- Sale of Back Bay portfolio
- Apollo Security International, Inc. of Massachusetts and New York
- Stock sales to Universal Protection Service, LLC d/b/a Allied Universal Services
Logistics & Transportation
Recognizing complexities associated with the movement of goods, both nationally and internationally, Posternak has brought together attorneys with expertise in transportation law, as well as corporate and tax law to form its Logistics and Transportation Practice Group, representing shippers and receivers of freight, including shippers associations, manufacturers, distributors and retailers, as well as transportation service providers, such as carriers, customs brokers, freight forwarders, warehouse operators and both asset based and non-asset based logistics service providers.
We provide a full range of legal services including:
- Assisting logistics service providers, carriers and shippers in the negotiation and drafting of underlying transportation agreements including truck load and less than truck load agreements, dedicated carriage, container and LCL agreements, intermodal contracts, ocean carrier agreements, and logistics and freight forwarding agreements.
- Representing clients in connection with the preparation of ancillary transportation agreements, such as freight auditing and payment service agreements, last mile delivery agreements, property brokerage, warehousing, as well as equipment acquisition, financing and leasing agreements.
- Counseling clients concerning cargo loss and damage claims including the assessment, prosecution and/or defense of OS&D claims and claims subject to international conventions as well as COGSA and related federal legislation.
- Protecting client interests in the context of national and international bankruptcy proceedings.
- Liability assessment, counseling and representation, reviewing contract terms and conditions, bills of lading, house and air waybills and insurance coverage.
- Counseling clients concerning governmental licensing, C-TPAT and TSA security requirements, as well as CDL and HAZMAT compliance, as well as representing clients before federal and state courts and regulatory authorities.
- Reviewing and developing programs for hiring and qualifying drivers, including hours of service compliance and motor carrier safety.
- Assisting businesses in labor and employment matters including drafting owner operator leases, counseling regarding independent contractor status, workers compensation coverage, wage and hour compliance, wrongful discharge and discrimination claims.